i have a question. I try to connect to the ning api with webreferences in ASP.Net. But everytime i try to connect it doesn't work. I get a error.
Does someone knows how this works,
i'm sorry i forget it.
I use the webreference in ASP.net. For the webreference it's necessary to use the url of the api. So i did that, i used the link below:
Then i need to give my credientials, username and password. The response of the server is the error below:
There a error with downloading 'http://external.ningapis.com/xn/rest/leadingladyclub/1.0/Token'. The request failed with HTTP-status 405: Method Not Allowed.
I don't get it, maybe can someone help me out
I'm not familiar with webreference in ASP.net, but here are a few things to make sure it's doing:
For full details see the obtaining credentials section of the documentation.
I checked all of these point and one thing was different. I put the OAuth paramaters in the header insteat of the body. Now I get a other error:
The oauth_consumer_key is unknown to the Service Provider. No consumer key was provided.
How is this possible. I made a Ning-API Key inside of the ning dashboard.
I solved this problem.
I have only one question. Where did i found my Oauth_signiture. This is from the manual:
The signature is generated using the consumer key and consumer secret provisioned by Ning.
but where do I found this signature.
I made it.
Thanks for all the help i needed.
I get the same error message: The oauth_consumer_key is unknown to the Service Provider. No consumer key was provided.
I also got the key from the ning dashboard.
How did you eventually manage to solve this?
Thanks in advance!
Here are some similar problems with solutions: http://build.ning.com/forum/topics/access-token
However, the discussion you mention deals with obtaining access credentials through the Token resource.
I manage to do that and I obtained the relevant JSON answer.
What I'm not able to do, is to use these credentials to access a Ning API resource.
I get this errore message (The oauth_consumer_key is unknown to the Service Provider. No consumer key was provided) as If i had not included any oauth_consumer_key in the Authorization header. But I did!
I have no clue what the problem may be...
Yes, I confirm that the issue is with Poster: it seems that it messes things up a bit with the Authorization header.
I tried the same case with cURL and it worked perfectly.
Sorry for annoying you with this.
Franco Mercalli said: