I noticed that you can append the width and height you wan the image to be to the src url

http://very/long/foo?width=150&height150

 

what if i wanted to show the images the same way the ning site does, where portrait images aren't squashed to say 150 * 150 but rather are resized as on the ning site.

 

Or maybe do i need to apply some aspect ratio maths to the actual width and height of the image.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vincent,

You can apply just a width or just a height, and the image will be resized to maintain its aspect ratio. If you want to crop, you can apply a height and width and specify the crop parameter:  &crop=1:1

Thanks,

Phil

Thank Phil,

Some solutions are just painfully obvious when you're still trying to get on your feet.

 

Cheers

Vincent

 

Phil McCluskey said:

Hi Vincent,

You can apply just a width or just a height, and the image will be resized to maintain its aspect ratio. If you want to crop, you can apply a height and width and specify the crop parameter:  &crop=1:1

Thanks,

Phil

just specify one dimension if you don't want to crop e.g.

 

....?width=150 or ......?height=200

Ah, Phil got there before me!

Chris said:

just specify one dimension if you don't want to crop e.g.

 

....?width=150 or ......?height=200

Either way, its better than not getting a response, when you feel like you banging your head to a wall...

Chris said:
Ah, Phil got there before me!

Chris said:

just specify one dimension if you don't want to crop e.g.

 

....?width=150 or ......?height=200

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Getting Started

Posted by Kyle Ford on October 13, 2010 at 8:00am 3 Comments

A Note on API Pricing

Posted by Phil McCluskey on October 1, 2010 at 8:55am 0 Comments

Welcome to Build!

Posted by Kyle Ford on September 30, 2010 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Ning Status

© 2020   Created by Build Team.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service